The Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce has announced the finalists for the 2012 Small Business of the Year Awards. Finalists were selected from a pool of nominees the Chamber solicited from their member base last year. The criteria for being nominated was as follows:
- Member in Good Standing of the Chattanooga Chamber as of December 31, 2011
- In business under the current ownership for at least three years as of December 31, 2011
- Owned & Operated in the Chattanooga MSA
Qualified nominees were sent an application packet in January to complete. Those who submitted were further vetted by the Chamber selection committee and narrowed down to the top three in each category (1-20, 21-50, 51-200 employees, Non-Profit).
The criteria used last year for judging included assigning a score of 1 to 10 in each of the following categories:
- Growth in number of employees
- Increase in sales and/or unit volume
- Innovativeness of product/service
- Response to adversity
- History and philosophy
- Developmental training
- Management, business goals and planning
- Business contributions through company time/resources
- Cohesive marketing
Up to five bonus points are awarded based on the level of professionalism reflected in the application submission making for a maximum score of 105. The top three point getters in each category are announced as the finalists. The selection committee is in the process of making onsite inspections of each finalist to determine the overall winners of each category who will be announced at the Small Business Awards Breakfast on March 21st preceding the EXPO Chattanooga.
Here are the finalists for the 2012 Small Business Awards
To make your reservation for the 2012 Small Business Awards Breakfast contact the Chamber at email@example.com or (423) 763-4366.
Individual Tickets – $40
Corporate Table of 8 – $400
Deadline for Reservations is Friday, March 16.
Follow more announcements of the Small Business Awards program and EXPO Chattanooga on Twitter with hashtag #EXPOchatt