- Always Be Hiring: Why Employers Should Always Be Searching For New Talent
- Andy Dunn, CEO of Bonobos, goes to bat for Lucy Beard and Feetz at Southland
- 40th Hour Social Club Debuts
- What the Chattanooga Amazon facility will likely look like come 2011
- Southland Conference scheduled for June 9-11 to feature executives from Paypal, Evernote and Al Gore
Chattanooga’s mayor, Ron Littlefield, spoke at the US Conference of Mayors Annual Meeting held June 17 in Baltimore. In the video below Mayor Ron Littlefield and Norman Jacknis, Cisco IBSG Public Sector Director discussing the gigabit fiber network that the city has deployed throughout its metro area and its implications for future economic development.
Jacknis talked about the entrepreneurial spirit of the Scenic City citing that a number of young professionals have returned to Chattanooga because of the infrastructure being built and high speed Internet access. Economical development, quality of life, access to education and training via video, entertainment, gaming all contribute to the city being a desirable location for business entities.