- Always Be Hiring: Why Employers Should Always Be Searching For New Talent
- D+J partners talk openly about closing their doors- Part 1
- Who are Chattanooga’s Coolest Under 30 Entrepreneurs?
- Chattanooga-based Nopone matching storm victims with building contractors and suppliers
- BackRoom Podcast – Nick Wilkinson Running for TN Senate District 10
A press conference held today at EPB highlighted the city’s recent Top 7 designation by the Intelligent Community Forum. ICF co-founder Robert Belle spoke to a standing room only crowd of business, community and government leaders via Skype to congratulate the Scenic City for making the cut.
Last November, Chattanooga made the first cut to be included among the Top 21. Making the second cut to be named one of the Smart 7 is an exciting development.
The Scenic City is now on a quest to be named the Intelligent Community of the Year in June. Previous recipients include:
- Tokyo, Japan
- Seoul, South Korea
- New York, New York
- Taipei, Taiwan
- Glasgow, Scotland
- Ontario, Canada
- Suwon, South Korea
- Calgary, Canada
- Stockholm, Sweden
What can you do to help put Chattanooga in the top spot? Join us in building the buzz by talking about it on Twitter, and use the hashtag: #ChattICF. Join the Smart City Chattanooga Facebook Page for announcements on events and updates, and join the conversation. If you have other ideas or collaborative efforts, post them in the comments. This is a city wide collaborative effort, and a great opportunity to work side by side with many local leaders.
The winner will be announced at the ICF’s Annual Summit June 1-3 in New York City.